Fondazione San Vigilio «Stuva Nova»
Museums and castles
Around 1740, the archpriest Ludovico Isidoro Ignazio Rovereti, had a new «stuva nova» built. This was a richly decorated traditional room with carved wood panelling, tables, chairs, a priceless ceramic stove and numerous paintings. It was severely damaged on November 5th 1918 when a group of Italian soldiers set fire to the room. The « Stuva» was restored between 1926 and 1928 by the Santini brothers with the wood carvers from the professional school in Ossana. Part of the original 17th century furnishings were rescued by Don Marini and today they can once again be found at the «Stuva Nova».
Admission fee, free with the Trentino Guest Card
Guided tours available by booking, also for groups